Monday, April 27, 2009

Feeding Frenzy!

Elliott has been going through a growth spurt so I haven't been able to do much of anything with blogging seeing as how I've had a baby attached to me almost nonstop for days. Now she seems to be slowing down a bit again (thank god!). I have a few things to share today.

Rayn started scouts last week. He's not in cub scouts anymore but full boy scouts. We're very excited about this as we're hoping it might teach him some better values. He'll also be starting outdoor soccer for the first time this week. He's only done indoor soccer so this should be a nice change. With his new scout masters, he'll actually get to go camping and do all the things that you would associate with boyscouts. We're all really excited because Derek will get to go camping with him and they can have some bonding time and all that.

Yesterday, Elliott had two firsts: Her first time rolling over from her back to her stomach and her first time going to church. It was also my first time going to that particular church (Unitarian Universalist) which was awesome. I've been doing a little bit of research trying to figure out what church would be best for us and that is the church that fits more than anything. I know most people don't think of me as a churchy sort of person but there are a lot of benefits that come with being involved in an organized community of like minded individuals. Hanging out with friends is great, but it isn't the same as having that helpful community. That was probably the only thing I ever envied about my LDS friends growing up was that they had such a great network of people to hang out with. Elliott really enjoyed being at church once she finished nursing. There is a coffee hour after the services and she was smiling big at all the people. We had a nice time. I'm looking forward to going again next week with Tricia.





3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you're excited to go with me cuz i've been wanting to go sooo long but haven't been brave enough to go by myself (even though i know alot of people from school that go there... but none of them too personally) i've begged eric to go with me, but you can guess how that's gone! i totally get the whole sense of community thing. that's why i've wanted to go with indy. glad i'm not the only one that thinks that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think Derek would shoot me if I tried to get him to go but at least he understands why I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is that lil' baby girl granddaughter 'O' mine!!

    ReplyDelete